What struck you in today’s Explore service about Moses and the Burning Bush?
Some points that arose:
- God met Moses in his everyday activities.
- The first words God said were Moses’ name.
- Although God warned Moses not to come too close to the burning bush; because of Jesus, we are to ‘approach God’s throne of Grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.’ (Hebrews 4 v 16)
- When Moses asked ‘Who am I to…’ God promised ‘I will be with you.’ (Exodus 3 vv 11, 12)
- This event had a profound effect on Moses. Have you had a similar kind of ‘critical event’ when you have encountered God and are forever different?
- What might God do through you? Model godly character? Show grace and mercy to others? Speak up for truth and justice? Share the gospel? Change the world?
The songs we sung were When I Survey; I Will Sing (King of Love); No Longer Slaves; Good, Good Father; and Who is there like You?