At one point in His ministry, people were so turned off by Jesus’ teaching that they said, ‘This is a hard saying; Who can accept it?’ (John 6:60) and they deserted Him in droves.
Sometimes Jesus said things that were obscure; they were difficult to understand. Other times He said things that were challenging and difficult to obey. We’ll be covering some from both categories:
- ‘Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life.’
- ‘Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.’
- ‘You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.’
- ‘This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you
forgive your brother from your heart.’
- ‘If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.’